This 32 hour, 4 day training program provides students to gain hands-on experience in the troubleshooting and maintenance of the Allen-Bradley SLC-500 programmable controller. Hardware and software troubleshooting techniques are heavily emphasized throughout the course. The instructor will use example of actual troubleshooting experiences to enhance the learning process.
- Introduction to Programmable Controllers
- Hardware Description/Configuration: CPU Processor Module & Input/Output Modules
- Safety Considerations
- Programming Terminal Operation
- Program Entry and Interpretation: Ladder Diagram Instructions, Timers and Counters, Data Manipulation Instructions & Program Control Instructions
- Use of Software Utilities in Troubleshooting (Force, Search, Histograms)
- Program Editing
- Troubleshooting: Software & Hardware Components Including Processor and I/O
- Peripheral Operations: Program Loading & Program Printing
Training is available utilizing Rockwell RSLogix500 software & Microsoft Windows Operating System.
This course is designed to meet the needs of both plant maintenance and engineering personnel. Students should be familiar with relay ladder logic.
32 Hours / 4 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Identify the hardware components of the SLC-500 programmable controller.
- Configure and install a SLC-500 programmable controller system.
- Develop and interpret simple programs utilizing a programming terminal.
- Troubleshoot programs and isolate faults within the SLC-500 system.
- Properly use peripheral devices to store, copy and print programs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522