This 32 hour, 4 day training program provides students with hands-on experience in the troubleshooting and maintenance of the Allen-Bradley PLC-5 family of programmable controllers. Hardware and software troubleshooting techniques are heavily emphasized throughout the course. Troubleshooting techniques include interpretation of status indicators, diagnostic messages and use of the programming terminal to quickly isolate faults and take proper corrective actions. The instructor will use examples of actual PLC-5 troubleshooting experiences to enhance the learning process.
- Introduction to Programmable Controllers
- Hardware Description
- I/O Configurations
- Terminal Operation
- Instruction Familiarization: Ladder Diagram, Timer and Counter, Data Manipulation & Program Control
- Use Software Utilities to aid in the Troubleshooting Process (Histograms, Search, Force)
- Program Editing
- Peripheral Operations: Program Loading & Program Printing
- Troubleshooting: Hardware & Software
- Application Projects Using Industrial Hardware
- Remote I/O Rack & Network Setup
- Data Highway Plus Overview/Hands-on Demonstration
- ControlNet Overview (Time Permitting)
Training is available utilizing Rockwell Software 6200 Series, AI Series, RSLogix5 and other software products.
Intellect Controls Group training program IC-101 or a working knowledge of electromechanical control devices and relay ladder logic.
32 Hours / 4 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Identify hardware components of all PLC-5 Family controllers.
- Distinguish the features and capabilities of the different PLC-5 products.
- Configure and install a PLC-5 system.
- Use an IBM compatible terminal for entering, editing and troubleshooting programs.
- Isolate processor and I/O faults to the module level.
- Troubleshoot simple programs using all ladder instructions of the PLC-5.
- Properly use peripheral devices to store, copy and print programs.
- Properly connect and establish communications over a Data Highway Plus network or an Ethernet network
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522