This 32 hour, 4 day training program allows students to gain hands-on experience using the advanced control & diagnostic capabilities of the PLC-5 programmable controller. Application troubleshooting exercises are used throughout the course to give students actual hands-on experience solving typical problems encountered in the factory.
- Review of PLC-5 Hardware and Basic Concepts
- Memory Organization Review
- Addressing: Direct, Indirect & Indexed
- Instruction Familiarization: File Arithmetic Logical, File Search and Compare, Shift Registers, Sequencers & BTW and BTR with Analog Module Configuration
- Communications: Data Highway Plus Communications, Remote I/O Communications, Discreet Data Transfer, Block Transfer & Message Instruction
- Overview: SFC Overview (Upon Request) & PID Instructions
- Peripheral Operations: Program Loading & Program Printing
Training is available utilizing Rockwell Software 6200 Series, AI Series, RSLogix5 and other software products.
Students should have successfully completed Intellect Controls Group, Inc. training program A-510 or have knowledge equivalent to the course description.
A-520 IS NOT INTENDED FOR BASIC LEVEL ENTRY BY STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT ACQUIRED THE BACKGROUND DESCRIBED ABOVE.
32 Hours / 4 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Troubleshoot programs utilizing all available instructions of the PLC-5.
- Effectively use a programming terminal for entering, editing, and troubleshooting programs.
- Utilize the diagnostic capabilities of the PLC-5 system to aid in systems troubleshooting.
- Utilize the remote I/O communications capabilities of the PLC-5.
- Properly connect and establish communications over a Data Highway Plus network.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522