This 32 hour training program allows students to gain hands-on experience using the advanced program instructions and communications features of the Allen-Bradley SLC-500 programmable controller. Application projects emphasizing hardware and software troubleshooting techniques are used throughout the course to create a hands-on learning environment.
- Review of SLC-500 Hardware
- Advanced Programming Terminal Techniques: Specialized Edit Keys, Documentation & Utilities
- Instruction Familiarization: Indirect Addressing, File Fill, File Copy, FIFO/LIFO, Sequencer & Bit Shift
- Processor Communications
- Message (MSG) Instruction
- SLC-500 Network Communications: RS 232 Serial, DH 485, DH Plus & Ethernet
- Analog I/O: Module Configuration and Scaling
- Program Interrupt Instructions: Discrete Input Interrupt & Selectable Timed Interrupt
- Overview Topics (Time Permitting): PID Instruction
Training is available utilizing Rockwell RSLogix500 software.
Students should have successfully completed Intellect Controls Group course A-5000 or have knowledge equivalent to the course description. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL TRAINING PROGRAM.
32 Hours / 4 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Enter and interpret programs utilizing the advanced file instructions of the SLC-500
- Troubleshoot control programs utilizing all available instructions of the SLC-500
- Troubleshoot hardware, communications and process faults using indicators, message displays and a programming terminal.
- Properly connect and establish communications over a SLC-500 network.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522