This 36-hour, 4.5 day training program is designed for the maintenance troubleshooter to enable him or her to use FactoryTalk View Studio programs and FactoryTalk View Client to assist in correcting line stoppages and errors. Emphasis is on troubleshooting rather than programming. It is assumed the technician will be using existing FactoryTalk View SE projects, Communications and PLC programs.
- Saving and Restoring Projects
- Adding and Revising Tags in the Database
- Configuring Communication
- Adding Objects to Graphic displays
- Attaching Controls to Graphic displays
- Configuring Animation on Graphic Objects
- Configuring Events
- Configuring Alarms
- Configuring Activity Logs
- Configuring Data Logging Files
- Creating Macros and Symbols
- Configuring Trends
- Configuring Project Security
- Running an FactoryTalk View Project
Students should have a thorough knowledge of Basic Windows Skills, Level One PLC (for specific PLC they will be using with FactoryTalk View SE), One of the PanelView families and the corresponding Panel Builder software as well as the knowledge of RSLinx Configuration and Troubleshooting.
32 Hours / 4 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Open FactoryTalk View Studio and select the correct project for the troubleshooting task at hand.
- Trace communications between FactoryTalk View SE objects and tags to and from PLC programs.
- Use RSLinx Enterprise and OPC communications drivers to troubleshoot communications problems.
- Use the Tag Database to add and make minor edits to memory and device tags.
- Open the Graphic Display Editor and identify tags associated with objects.
- Use the Graphic Display Editor to add and make minor edits to objects.
- Open, evaluate, and make minor edits to Expressions used in object dialog boxes.
- Track and make minor edits to display Navigation commands.
- Use the Alarm Monitor to view and acknowledge alarms.
- Use the Alarm Editor to add and make minor edits to alarms.
- Evaluate the effect of Event commands and make minor edits to Events.
- Setup and edit data Trends.
- Use System Tags to help correct problems.