This 36 hour, 4.5 day training program uses a hands-on approach providing students an in-depth understanding of industrial process measurement & control systems. Participants will learn to apply more comprehensive measurement & control principles, terminology, symbols & documentation standards. In addition students will perform hands-on exercises in which they will build, test, tune & troubleshoot temperature, pressure, flow & level control systems.
- Application of ISA documentation standards
- Elements of a Process Control Loop: PV-Process Variable, MV-Manipulated Variable & C-Controller
- Other Process Measurements: Weight, pH, Density, Viscosity, Moisture & Others
- Process Dynamics: Open Loop Response, Process Gain, Process Time Constant & Process Dead Time
- Control Methods: Open Loop control (Self-regulating), Manual control, ON/OFF control, Feedback control, Feedforward control & Cascade control
- Control Tuning: Open vs. Closed loop methods, Stability vs. responsiveness, ¼ decay ratio, Simplex tuning method, Zeigler-Nichols tuning method & Auto-tuning
- Special Cases: pH control & Nonlinear systems
- Control Valve Selection & Sizing: Valve types (Globe, Ball, Butterfly & Gate), Valve Characteristic (Quick opening, Linear, Equal Percentage) & Other Control Valve Topics (Positioners, Materials, Configuration, Actuators & Accessories)
- Installation Best Practices: Wiring, Shielding & Isolation
- Control System Troubleshooting: Experience Based & Trial & Error
PCI-100: Understanding Industrial Process Control/Level One Process Measurement & Control Fundamentals or a fundamental understanding of industrial process measurement & control system design & operation.
36 Hours / 4.5 days
- Create the documents used to define instruments & control systems.
- Apply the principles, equipment & techniques for the primary industrial process measurements of temperature, pressure, level & flow.
- Understand & process response & how it affects controller operation.
- Know & apply the proper controller tuning method.
- Select & size the proper control valve.
- Build, test, operate tune & troubleshoot a various feedback control loops.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522