This 36 hour, 4.5 day training program is designed to challenge technician’s troubleshooting skills. The training begins with a thorough review of the Logix5000 Hardware, Software, addressing schemes and basic Ladder Instructions. Following this review is a series of Hands-on troubleshooting projects using real world interfaces such as conveyors, pick & place robots, remote I/O communications, Ethernet I/O and 1771 interfaces. The participants are assigned to evaluate and troubleshoot a series of equipment problems using a variety of scenarios. Each participant will be challenged to solve hardware problems, software problems, communication conflicts, addressing conflicts and other issues that arise when troubleshooting PLC related problems.
- Review of Programmable Controllers
- Hardware Description
- I/O Configurations
- Programming Terminal Operation
- Instruction Familiarization: Ladder Diagram, Timer and Counter, Data Manipulation & Program Control
- Use Software Utilities to aid in the troubleshooting Process: Trend Charts, Search, Cross Reference & Force
- Program Editing
- Troubleshooting: Hardware & Software
- RSLinx Driver Creation Overview/Hands-on Demonstration
- Troubleshooting Real World Hardware Equipment
Training utilizes Rockwell Software RSLogix5000 and Microsoft Windows OS.
Intellect Controls Group training program I-100 or a working knowledge of electromechanical control devices, relay ladder logic and Windows Operating System.
36 Hours / 4.5 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Identify hardware components of a ControlLogix Programmable Controller System.
- Configure and install a ControlLogix Programmable Controller System.
- Use a programming terminal for entering, editing and troubleshooting programs.
- Isolate processor and I/O faults to the module level.
- Troubleshoot simple programs using ladder instruction of the ControlLogix Programmable Controller.
- Properly connect and establish communications over a DF1/RS-232 cable.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522