This 36 hour, 4.5 day training program is designed for the maintenance troubleshooter to enable them to use PanelView Plus terminals, FactoryTalk View ME and FactoryTalk View Studio to assist in correcting line stoppages and errors. Emphasis is on troubleshooting rather than on programming, although exposure to the many software features is included. It is assumed that the technician will be using existing FactoryTalk View ME, Communications, and PLC programs.
- Saving and Restoring Projects
- Adding and Revising Tags in the Database
- Configuring Communication
- Adding Objects to Graphic displays
- Attaching Controls to Graphic displays
- Configuring Animation on Graphic Objects
- Configuring Events
- Configuring Alarms
- Configuring Logging
- Creating Macros
- Configuring Trends
- Configuring Project Security
- Running an FactoryTalk View ME Project
Students should have a thorough knowledge of Basic Windows Skills, Level One PLC (for specific PLC they will be using with FactoryTalk View ME), one of the PanelView families and the corresponding Panel Builder software as well as knowledge of RSLinx Configuration and Troubleshooting.
32 Hours / 4 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Open FactoryTalk View Studio and select the correct project for the troubleshooting task at hand.
- Trace communications between FactoryTalk View ME objects and tags to and from PLC programs.
- Use RSLinx Enterprise and OPC communications drivers to troubleshoot communications problems.
- Use the Tag Database to add and make minor edits to memory and device tags.
- Open the Graphic Display Editor and identify tags associated with objects.
- Use the Graphic Display Editor to add and make minor edits to objects.
- Open, evaluate, and make minor edits to Expressions used in object dialog boxes.
- Track and make minor edits to display Navigation commands.
- Use the Alarm Monitor to view and acknowledge alarms.
- Use the Alarm Editor to add and make minor edits to alarms.
- Setup and edit data Trends.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522