This 16 hour, 2 day training program is designed to present an introduction to electrical control devices, ladder logic diagramming, and wiring. Application exercises are used throughout the course to create a hands-on learning environment.
- Fundamentals of Control
- Control Components and Pilot Devices
- Ladder Logic Diagramming and wiring
- Development and Analysis of Control Circuits
- Control of Motor Starting
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting Control Equipment and Circuits
- Safety Procedures
- Introduction to Programmable Controllers
- Basic Characteristics
- Advantages Over Relays
- Differences and Similarities between Relay Ladder Logic and PLC Logic
This course is designed for plant maintenance personnel and other technicians who need to broaden their understanding of industrial control fundamentals. I-100 answers the prerequisite requirements for our PLC Level One courses.
I-100 is also ideal for anyone who has a need to familiarize himself/herself with basic control fundamentals.
16 Hours / 2 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Identify electrical control components
- Interpret ladder logic diagrams
- Understand electrical terms and symbols
- Troubleshoot control circuits
- Design simple electrical control circuits
- Identify the components of a programmable controller (system block diagram)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522