This 32-hour, 4 day training program provides a thorough introduction to the Advanced instruction and Enhanced instruction set capabilities of the 984 family of programmable controllers. Application exercises are used throughout the course to create a hands-on learning environment.
- Review of Hardware and Basic Instruction
- Review of Memory Organization
- Introduction to Table Operations: Register to Table, Table to Register, Block Move, First In/ First Out & Search, Status
- Matrix Instructions
Logical AND, OR, Exclusive OR: Compliment, Compare, Bit Modify, Bit Sense, Bit Rotate & ASCII Read and Write Function
- Advanced/Enhanced Instructions: Table to Block, Block to Table, Double Precision Math, Square Root & Floating Point Math
- Communications: Modbus & Modbus Plus
- Hands-On Application Projects: Hands-on application exercises utilizing conveyors, material handling robots, or batch process stations are used to create a hands-on learning environment.
Modicon 984 Models: 385, 485, Quantum
Students should have successfully completed Intellect Controls Group course M-910 or have knowledge equivalent to the course description.
M-920 IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL TRAINING PROGRAM.
32 Hours / 4 days
Persons successfully completing this course will be able to:
- Identify hardware components of a 984 programmable controller system.
- Enter and interpret programs that use the Advanced and Enhanced instructions of the 984 Family of programmable controllers.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software faults by interpreting control programs using the advanced capabilities of the 984 Family of programmable controllers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Toll Free: (888) 468-3591 – Local: (502) 499-7522